- Do you have any tips for turning temporary work into a full-time position?
- Do you also have work on Saturdays and Sundays?
- How will I get paid?
- How much will I get paid?
- Do I need a Washington State Driver’s License to get work through LaborWorks?
- I am not a U.S. citizen. Can I find work with LaborWorks?
- How can I find work with LaborWorks?
Do you have any tips for turning temporary work into a full-time position?
To maximize your chances of getting hired as a full-time employee, we recommend the following:
- Show respect: Be respectful of your co-workers and the equipment at the jobsite.
- Communicate: When you get a job, review your job’s rules, objectives, and goals with your supervisor. Ask questions and communicate clearly and effectively with them. If you enjoy the work you are doing, let your supervisor know that you are looking for full-time work.
- Prepare: To improve safety and alertness, make sure to get a good night’s sleep the night before, then just bring a lunch and a positive attitude with you to our office the next morning.
- Work hard: The more productive you are, the more likely it is that you will be requested back to the jobsite.
Do you also have work on Saturdays and Sundays?
We will fill positions 7 days a week/24 hours a day. Our posted hours on Saturday are from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
How will I get paid?
At the end of each work day, come back to the office to get paid by LaborWorks. You will receive payment in the form of a Global Cash Card (‘smart debit card’) which allows you to withdraw cash at any ATM. You can also use the card to purchase items from stores. Or, you can request direct deposit to be made weekly to your personal bank account. It’s up to you.
How much will I get paid?
Pay starts at minimum wage or above depending on your skill set and the job.
Do I need a Washington State Driver License to get work through LaborWorks?
You do not need a driver’s license. Some jobs will require a driver’s license, but many will not. Most jobsites are on public transportation routes.
I am not a U.S. citizen. Can I find work with LaborWorks?
LaborWorks complies with all federal and state employment laws. You can find work with us if you are a lawful permanent resident, or if you are legally authorized to work with a Green Card, Visa or other type of work authorization.
How can I find work with LaborWorks?
If you are looking for work, simply show up in person at one of our many locations. When you arrive we will begin the application process then we will screen you to determine your skill set. Once that is complete you will be ready to take on work. For new candidates, expect the process to take 30-45 minutes.
- How much will I pay to hire temporary workers from LaborWorks?
- Do you have any tips for employers thinking about using LaborWorks?
- How quickly can LaborWorks deliver workers to my jobsite?
- What are the benefits of using LaborWorks temporary employees?
How much will I pay to hire temporary workers from LaborWorks?
Call us for a quick quote!
Washington: 888-637-WORK (9675)
Do you have any tips for employers thinking about using LaborWorks?
- Plan – Discuss your staffing needs with the departments in which you plan to use the temporary employees. Ask your employees for suggestions about how and where temporary employees can be best used.
- Communicate – Let your employees know why you are bringing in temporary employees and what they will be doing. Your employees should feel excited by the temporary help.
- Prepare – Allocate workspace, tools and equipment for each temporary employee you plan to use. Assign someone to meet the workers at the door and introduce them to their supervisor. Let the workers know how and to whom they should direct questions.
- Create Goals – Tell temporary workers exactly what they will be doing, and clearly state your basic work rules and the specifics of their task. Set daily goals for each of your workers.
- Provide Incentives – If you are using temporary workers to find potential employees, then let them know. This information helps to motivate a higher performance.
How quickly can LaborWorks deliver workers to my jobsite?
Typically we can deliver temporary workers within one hour of your initial contact.
What are the benefits of using LaborWorks temporary employees?
Our service offering includes handling all employer burdens, including taxes, unemployment insurance, Workers Compensation and daily wages. We also handle W-2 forms, prevailing wage reports, wage garnishments, reference checks, background screening, drug testing, and offer safety training.
On top of this, we encourage employers to use our workers as a temp-to-permanent solution. There are no costs or commission charges to hire away our workers, simply a 160 hour minimum.