We love stats—they provide a great snapshot of the makeup of workforce, employment rates, and what employers and workers are looking for as they hire or get hired. We often share the benefits and popularity of temporary staffing for both employers and workers, but it’s not just anecdotal—it’s proven!
We’ve compiled a few of the most interesting statistics about temporary staffing from the American Staffing Association. Even we were surprised by some of the numbers. Take a look!
What does the temporary workforce look like?
- More than three million temporary employees work for America’s staffing companies (like LaborWorks) during an average week
- During the course of a year, America’s staffing companies hire nearly 17 million temporary employees
- Most (76%) work full time, comparable to the overall workforce (82%)
- Half (49%) of staffing employees say it’s a way to get a permanent job
- Nine out 10 said staffing work made them more employable
- One-third (35%) were offered a permanent job by a client where they worked on an assignment, and two-thirds (66%) of those accepted the offers of permanent employment
Why do workers choose temporary staffing?
- One in five temporary staffing employees cite scheduling flexibility as a key reason for choosing temporary work
- Temporary staffing employees also cite the opportunity for permanent employement as a major draw to temporary work
How do employees feel about their staffing agency?
- Nine out of ten staffing employees say they were satisfied with their staffing company!
*All research, information, and image taken from the American Staffing Association.